Thursday, March 7, 2013

Asking while Eating Out?!

Today, while in between class and work, I decided I wanted to get something to eat. I didn't want another salad from home. I wanted something fast and from our local food court. I want to eat my lunch in the same places as everyone else. I am not that different, I just chose not to eat animals or any of their by products.

I guess it is great that I am not someone who is timid about my differences, so instead of wondering all day about whether their "veggie" burger were vegan friendly, I spoke up and asked. I must say the first response from the women was "Yeah, I believe they do have eggs or milk in them." I quickly explained that I don't eat eggs, cheese or milk. She quickly and gladly asked her supervisor, who directed her to reading the packaging label in the back room. She was very quick to provide me with their booklet that including nutritional facts. I was thankful, but unfortunately the booklet did not provide me with the ingredients. So once again she asked her manager. I was surprised, he literally flew into the back room and after a few minutes he returned. Securely said, yes, the veggie burgers are a vegan product!

I was so thrilled to hear this! And I was even more thrilled to see how willing they both were to help. I know its never easy to have someone ask questions, but as I am learning, more people are gladly willing to assist. So the lesson that I learned today, don't be shy, ask! You might be pleasantly surprised and you might find a new favorite place to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment